Wedding Reception Preparations
Wedding Preparations - 1 week to go:
- Confirm all wedding reception arrangements are in place.
- Confirm flowers and deliveries.
- Confirm wedding photographer with instructions of any "must have" photographs.
- Make sure the Groom, Father and Best Man are preparing their wedding day speeches.
Wedding Preparations - Day before:
- Help to decorate reception venue.
- Send luggage for honeymoon to reception venue.
- Arrange for Wedding cake to be delivered.
Wedding Preparations - On The Day:
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time.
- Send someone to collect buttonholes / sprays from florist if they are not being delivered.
Traditionally the mother of the Bride, and Bridesmaids leave for the ceremony first. The Bride and her father follow. (See Order of Service)
The Groom and the Best Man make their way to the ceremony arriving 15 minutes before the Bride. The ushers should arrive in plenty of time to direct guest to their seats.
After the ceremony it is the Best Man's job to make sure all the guests have transport between the ceremony and the wedding reception.
The speeches usually follow the meal. Traditionally the Bride's father speaks first, then the Groom followed by the Best Man.
Good luck with your Wedding preparations!